I originally started Buy Ukulele For Beginners because I love to play the ukulele. I originally started playing because I had an ukulele in the house, and I was constantly attending various hula and ukulele events. I had been playing the sanshin (a traditional Okinawan instrument) for about two years, but wanted something that could play a little more standard music. The ukulele is small and very universal in what it can play. Since I have started playing the ukulele I have noticed some cool benefits. So I want to talk about 5 reasons you should buy an ukulele.
1. Cheap Ukuleles- Maybe you have been wanting to get into playing music for a long time, but never did because of the investment required. While I don’t necessarily recommend it, beginner ukuleles can be picked up for about $20. It won’t have the best sound, but it still lets you get started for almost nothing. Check out this guide on buying an ukulele.
2. Easy to learn- Ukulele only has 4 strings compared to a guitars six, and a lot of songs can be played with just three or four chords. I was able to play my first song after just an hour of practice. I didn’t hit all of the chords right every time, but how many instruments can you play after just an hour. Since I could play and sing along so soon, it meant that I was having fun. This meant I continued to play and get better. You can even find ukuleles lessons online.
3. Ukuleles are small- Because of there size you can play them anywhere. You can play while you watch TV or throw it in your car to take to the beach or the park. It’s easy to store anywhere, but since it’s so small, you can actually leave it out so it gets played more often. Have small hands? There is an ukulele for sale for you? Have large hands? Don’t worry, there is an ukulele available for you as well. Ukulele are also great for kids. Kids ukuleles are generally even less than regular ukuleles.
4. Anything can be played on the ukulele- Having played an instrument with a very particular sound, I realized how important this is. The ukulele is perfect for Hawaiian music, but it can also play just about anything else. If you can play it on the guitar, then you can play it on the ukulele. In addition, there are a lot of different types of ukuleles for sale. From traditional sounding ukuleles that are great for Hawaiian music, to baritone ukuleles which are tuned like a guitar. You can buy an ukulele to suite your tastes.
5. It makes people smile- I am a beginner, but I have had the chance to play in front of people and even with professionals. Everyone just loves to listen and to play. I think it’s because an ukulele is a little more light-hearted than a guitar or some other instruments. People are also surprised to see someone play the ukulele. We see a lot of performers playing the guitar, but it is only recently we are seeing people play the ukulele. People like it and it brings a smile to their face every time.